In San Martino in Soverzano stands the Castle, built in 1411 by the Bolognese Knight Bartolomeo Manzoli.
The original building was highly restructured in the 19th century. However, its rectangular plan, spacious internal courtyard, four defensive towers at the corners and moat underline its twin functions of defence and abode.
Now private property, it has a long portico walkway leading from the castle into the park, built in 1684 to host an important annual fair, which still today attracts visitors with the name of Fiera d'Ottobre on the first weekend of October
- Art & Culture