Porta Ferrara is located in the entrance door north of the village, at the end of Via Melloni (historical and ecclesiastic person lived in Pieve in 700). The structure was built in 1342. The battlements have been recently brought to light.
Together with the adjacent former slaughterhouse, the gate is now home to the violin School and to the School of local arts and crafts. Beside the school is the section of the Museum devoted to violin making.
At least since the 13th century Pieve was surrounded by a moat and a rampart fortified with stockade, with four gates (originally wooden) for use as armed towers.
Telephone: 0039 051 6862 611
- Art & Culture
Municipal Public relations office (URP)
Ph. 0039 051 6862 611