In the south of the town, the gate welcomes visitors coming from Bologna. Originally made of wood, it was rebuilt in brick in the late 14th century, when all the doors were adequate to the Rocca as a defensive mean, which gave to Pieve the appearance a fortified castle.
Porta Bologna door was transformed into a private residence to the 1700. After various interventions, in 2004 the property has regained its former glory thanks to the major restoration process.
Porta Bologna is temporarily closed for restoration. It will be reopened in Fall 2015, together with the Civic Museum, and will host the municipal photographic archive.
Telephone: 0039 051 6862611
- Art & Culture
Info: Municipal Public relations office (URP)
Ph. 0039 051 6862611