The Palazzo SS. Salvatore stands in the Piazza Garibaldi of San Giovanni in Persiceto, just next to the Church of the Madonna della Cintura.
Built in the 18th century by Giuseppe Civoli, the Palazzo was used as a hospital until the last century.
Now it houses the municipal historical archive and Municipal Library, which in 1955 was named after Giulio Cesare Croce, writer and storyteller from Persiceto who in the early 15th century wrote "The thin tricks of Bertoldo". The library contains important collections donated by the local citizens Alberto Bergamini, founder of the “Giornale d’Italia”, and the great religious historian Raffaele Pettazzoni.
A conference room as well as a showroom are also inside the Palazzo.
Telephone: 0039 051 6812961
- Art & Culture