Located in the San Pietro in Casale territory, in the hamlet of Rubizzano, there is a building covered with canes, built where there used to be the ancient house of the guardian of the valley, which collapsed due to subsidence following land reclamation.
Built in the 18th century in the middle of a vast swamp, on the edge of the rice-paddies, and reachable only by boat, the house was used in the Second World War as a base by the “Paolo” Second Partisan Brigade, which organized the insurrection of the 22nd April 1945.
Today it is surrounded by a moat (crossed by a walkway), which recalls the previous valleys, here existing until 1948.
Inside there are relics from the war period and memorial stones to the Martyrs for the Liberation.
Central to a recent renaturalization programme, the surrounding area has a large wet zone lined by poplars and willows.
Telephone: 0039 051 6871051
- Art & Culture
- Nature & Oasis