Inaugurated on 27-28 January 2018, the Casa della Cultura “Italo Calvino”, located in Calderara di Reno, is a brand-new multifunctional space in the very heart of the municipality, that aims to become a meeting place and a focal point for cultural vitality, with its being a dimension of everyday life in communities.
The space is the product of an urban regeneration project through which an old preschool building of the city has been restored and restructured.
The choice to name the Casa della Cultura after Italo Calvino underlines the will to produce and promote culture in line with the “light seriousness” that characterizes this outstanding author.
Even on the architectural level this multifunctional arena deeply affirms its feature of openness and hospitality, through the giant windows that completely cover the building’s facade.
It consists of:
- a wi-fi zone indoor square, a newspaper and magazines library and a small library containing the complete works of Italo Calvino;
- an auditorium (90 seats);
- a multifunctional room equipped with Internet access;
- labs/atelier, equipped with a oven to make clay;
- a soundproof music rehearsal space with some musical instruments.
Telephone: 342 885 7347
- Art & Culture
tel: 342 885 7347