Where: Via Panoramica - 40033 Casalecchio di Reno (BO)
The Sluice Park of Casalecchio di Reno, also known as Parco Talon, is composed of land which once belonged to the Marquis Sampieri Talon, who built various villas there in the 17th century. The park has been at the centre of moments of great social splendour, particularly in the 18th century.
In the 19th century, Stendhal, a regular visitor, compared it to the “Bois de Boulogne”. Since 1975, the park is municipal property and it is open to the public. Today it is still possible to imagine the ancient noble extravagance when you stroll along its tree-lined avenues and when you relax on its large lawns crossing small woods specially designed to get lost.
Here and there in the grounds, there are ruins in which you can still recognise the unnatural architectural inventions which experts associate with the famous architect and scenery artist Ferdinando Galli Bibiena.
In spring and summer, the park lends its atmospheric setting to cultural shows and performances.
Public park, free entry.
Parco della Chiusa has 4 main entrances:
1) peatonal access near the San Martino Church, where via Panoramica crosses the path of Bregoli;
2) car access (only authorized vehicles) in via Panoramica 24, at the intersection with vicolo De Santi;
3) entrance through the footbridge along Strada Lungoreno (at the bottom of via Ronzani);
4) entrance with parking in via di Monte Albano - via di San Luca, Comune di Bologna.
More peatonal entrances:
• from the paths that descend fron the ridge of the Colle della Guardia, one of which is the path of Bregoli;
• from via Baracca and via Fermi in Casalecchio di Reno;
• from the right bank of the Reno river, along the path coming from Sasso Marconi that starts in via Cavaioni.
Monday, Thursday and Friday 16-19, Saturday and Sunday 9-13 and 16-19 (Summer: April 1st-October 31st)
Monday, Thursday and Friday 14-17, Saturday and Sunday 10-13 and 14-17 (Winter: November 1st-March 31st)
Servizio Verde e Sostenibilità ambientale - Biodiversità
Via Guido Rossa, 1/3 Tel 0039 051 598273 - 5
c/o Villa Edvige Garagnani
Address: Via Masini, 11 - 40069 Zola Predosa (Bo)
Tel: 0039 051 752838 Fax: 0039 051 752472
Orari di apertura:
lunedì, martedì, mercoledì 9.00 - 13.00 / 14.00 - 18.00
venerdì 13.00 - 19.00
giovedì e sabato 9.00 - 14.00
Chiusura settimanale: domenica
Last update: 23-07-2019