Where: Via Matteotti, 150 - 40050 Castello d'Argile (BO)
The building, which houses the Municipal Theatre, was built in 1907 as a "Casa del Popolo" by one of the first socialist cooperative organizations.
The theatre consists of a rectangular space with a balcony on delicate wooden columns running along all three sides. It was inaugurated on the 22nd September 1907, in the presence of the socialist deputies Ferri and Bentini.
In the years both before and after the First World War, it hosted shows, and political and union meetings. With the arrival of Fascism, it became the "Casa del Fascio" until after the Second World War, when it returned to be the local "Casa del Popolo".
In 1981, the Town Council, owners of the theatre, had it restructured and a memorial stone was placed at the entrance to commemorate the tenor Francesco Grassilli, father of the actor Raoul, a native of Castello d'Argile.
Inaugurated once more on the 25th April 2004, the theatre can also be used for exhibitions.
URP - Public Relations Office
Address: Piazza Gadani 2 - 40050 Castello d’Argile (BO)
Tel. +39 051 6868812
Fax +39 051 6868810
Opening times (winter):
Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri and Sat 8.30am-12.30pm
Opening times (July and August):
Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat 8.30am-12.30pm
Tue, Thu 8.30am-1pm
Last update: 22-07-2019