Where: Melò center, via Candia 385/a - 40014 Crevalcore (BO)
The Guido Mattioli Peace Museum houses a collection of relics from the First World War, given to the town council by the collector Guido Mattioli, who had painstakingly gathered them in the area of Carso.
It isn't a common systematic collection of a fan of relics, but the result of a decade-long search which took place from 1959 to 1969. The resaerch, made by the same Matttioli, was conducted on one of the theatres of the bloodiest battles of the Great War in order to recover the remains of the fighters and to give them burial.
Hence it was formed a legacy of war relics and objects of daily life, such as photos and letters.
The Museum was badly damaged by the 2012's earthquake and remained closed until November 2017, when the collection was moved to the Melò Cultural center.
To book a guided tour, please call 0039 051/6871757 (Museo Archeologico Ambientale)
Museo Della Pace Guido Mattioli
URP - Public Relations Office
Address: Via Persicetana - 40014 Crevalcore (BO)
Ph: 0039 051 988443 - 051 988435 - 051 988438
Fax: 0039 051 988459
Mon, Wed and Fri 8.30am – 12.30pm
Tue 8.30am-12.30pm, 5pm-7pm
Closed in the afternoon during July and August
Last update: 11-07-2019