Teatro comunale di Castello D'Argile

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Where: Via Matteotti, 150 - 40050 Castello d'Argile (BO)

 
Teatro Comunale Castello d'Argile
Teatro Comunale Castello d'Argile

The build, which houses the theatre, was built in 1907 as a “Casa del Popolo” by one of the first socialist cooperative organizations.


The theatre consists of a rectangular space with a balcony on delicate wooden columns running along all three sides. It was inaugurated on the22nd September 1907, in the presence of the socialist deputies Ferri and Bentini.

In the years both before and after the First World War, it hosted shows, and political and union meetings. With the arrival of Fascism, it became the “Casa del Fascio” until after the Second World War, when it returned to be the local “Casa del Popolo”.

In 1981, the Town Council, owners of the theatre, had it restructured and a memorial stone was placed at the entrance to commemorate the tenor Francesco Grassilli, father of the actor Raoul, a native of Castello d’Argile.

Inaugurated once more on the 25th April 2004, the theatre can also be used for exhibitions.

 
Info

Ph: 39 051 6868882  Cell: 334 3457681 

Fax: +39 051 6868810

 

 

Rooms: 1
Places: 156
Director: Angelo Bovina

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Last update: 04-01-2017