Where: Via Sant'Andrea, 34 - 40064 Ozzano dell'Emilia (BO)
Of great interest is the small church dedicated to Sant’Andrea, in Ozzano dell'Emilia, which contains the remains of the Blessed Lucia of Settefonti.
This is the name of the historical character, Badessa (Mother Superior) Lucia, venerated by the Order of the Camaldolesi as the founder of the Order’s female branch, and also recalled in the name of the Park of Bolognese Gypsums and the Abbadessa Gullies.
Since 1573, Lucia’s body has been kept in the church, where there are also the shackles from Count Diatagora Fava’s imprisonment. Since the Middle Ages, the narrow gully which the young knight followed every day to see his beloved has been known as the Passo della Badessa.
The legend of the Seven fountains (Settefonti) tells the history of the love between the Abbadessa Lucia and the knight Rolando.
The Sagra della Badessa (Festival of Badess), which takes place in Ozano dellì'Emilia during the last two week-ends of May, is inspired to middle ages evocations, including menus. Not to be lost is the Badessa dinner.
URP - Public Relations Office
Address: Viale della Repubblica 10 - 40064 Ozzano dell'Emilia (BO)
Phone: +39 051 791377
Last update: 11-07-2019